Soprano Bodil Arnesen
Bodil Arnesen was born in Harstad ,Norway and studied at the University in Rogaland ,department of Arts in Stavanger from 1987-1991.
Bodil Arnesen attended masterclasses with renowned singers Prof. Edith Mathis ,Elly Ameling, Ingrid Bjoner and the pianist Rudolf Jansen. Later on she had private lessons with Dorthy Irving , Anna Reynolds and Julie Kaufmann.
She also attended The International Bach-Akademie where she studied music of W. A. Mozart and J.S. Bach under Helmut Rilling in Stuttgart.
In 1990 she received the Kirsten Flagstad Prize and the same year she won the 3 price in ARD Wettbewerb in Munich where she also performed Songs of Edvard Grieg under the button of Sir Colin Davis.
1991-1993 she studied Opera in Munich at The Bavarian State Opera. During this time she sang Operaparts like Barbarina, Susanna-Marriage of Figaro, Ännchen-Freischutz, Norina –Don Pasquale, Pamina, Papagena - Magic Flute .Täumännchen, Grethel- Hänsel und Grethel.
During the years Bodil Arnesen has studied and sung numerous of Operaroles and Oratoriums. Donna Elvira –Don Giovanni, La Contessa – Le nozze di Figaro and Händel Operaroles, are planned for the next seasons.From 2004-2008 she studies and prepeare her roles with Kammersänger/Opersänger George Fortune, conductors, pianists and the studio leader Kevin McCutch at The Deutsche Oper Berlin.
Since 1993 she has toured the whole world as a soloist and recording artist with a series of prestigious prices behind her.
This led to many prestigious venues.Among them are:
The Hong Kong Arts Festival, Richard Strauss Festspiele Garmisch Parten Kirchen, Schubert Festival Anniversary, Operafestival in Salvador Brasil, Festival Olypic Games LOOC throughout Europe and USA, Mozart Anniversary Japan, International Chambermusic Festival Stavanger.
Her career has also brought concerts and recitals with appearances in:
- England: Queen Elisebeth Hall, Wigmore Hall, Birmingham Concert Hall.
- USA: Lincoln Center, Alice Tulley Hall, Carnegie Hall, Colombia University.
- Japan: Suntory Hall Tokyo, Hiroshima Concert Hall, Togo Citizen Hall.
- Singapor: Victoria Hall.
- Spain: Palau de la Musica Catalana, Barcelona.
- Denmark: Tivoli Festival Hall, Aarhus Concerthouse.
- Germany: Alte Oper Frankfurt, Gasteig Munich, Herculessaal Munich,
Liederhalle Stuttgart, Cuvie Theater Munich, Komische Oper Berlin,
Bavarian Staatstheater, Semperoper Dresden.
- Norway : Grieghallen i Bergen, Oslo Konserthus, Stavanger Konserthus.
Bodil Arnesen worked with several Conductors. Among them are:
Iona Brown, Boris Brott, Mariss Jansons, Alberto Zedda, John Nelson, Michael Boder,
Eri Klas, Karl Anton Rickenbacker, Fabio Luisi, Manfred Honech, Bjarte Engeseth,
Michael Schönwandt, Sir Colin Davis, Alexander Dimitriev, Matthias Foremny,
Mosche Atzmon, Jan Wagner, Gerard Korsten, Salvador mas Conde,
Ole Kristian Ruud, Linda Horowitz, Morten Schultz Jensen, Josep Vila i Casanas,
Soloist engagements with Orchestras:
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, England,
- St.Lukes Orchestra new York USA,
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra USA,
- Kanazawa Chambermusic Orchestra Japan,
- Rundfunk Sinfonieorchester Berlin,
- The Royal Flander Philharmonic Orchestra Belgum,
- RTL Symphonieorchestra,
- Bamberger Symphoniker,
- Dresden Stadtkapelle,
- München Kammerorchester,
- Singapore Symphonie Orchestra,
- Orchestre National de Lille France,
- The Finnish Radio Symphony,
- Tampere Philharmonic Finland,
- Lahti Symphony Orchestra,
- The German Radio stations WDR Symphonie Orchestra,
- NDR Symphonie Orchestra,
- ZBF Symphonie Orchestra and ARD Symphony Orchestra,
- Malmö Symfoniorkester,Helsingborg Symfoniorkester,
- Orquestra Sinfonica del Valles Spain,
- Kibbutz Orchestra Israel,
- Israel Chambermusic Orhestra TelAviv,
- The National Chinese Symphonie Orchestra,
- Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra,
- NRK Kringkastingsorkesteret,
- Trondheim Symphony Orchestra,
- Stavanger Symphony Orchestra,
- Bergen Filharmoniske Orchestra,
- Tromsø Symfoniorkester,
- Sønderjylland Symfoniorkester Tivoli,
- Aalborg Symfoniorkester,
- Odense Symfoniorkester,
- Århus Symfoniorkester,
- Sønderborg Symfoniorkester.
Bodil Arnesen has not only an extensive career but she was also engaged as a soloist on several CD productions, over 23 productions and among them was Berlin Rundfunk – Sinfonieorchester, in the early works of Beethoven and “The young Richard Strauss” and the Emporor Kantatas Leopold. In addition to this she recorded three solo CDs where two of them were released on Naxos .The " GRIEG SONGS" and the "SINDING SONGS" were higly acclaimed by the music press and became a best seller on the label Naxos.. The new CD “In recital“ has appeared at VOICE MUSIC 2010 and is available here through the Web shop. This contains Lieder from Richard Strauss, Franz Schubert, Johannes Brahms and Hugo Wolf. All the three solo CDs were recorded with Pianist /Prof. Erling R. Eriksen. This collaboration and her great affection for Edvard Grieg ´s music led to music Prices. "The Record of the Year "from Edvard Grieg Society in London and The Edvard Grieg Price Reward from TROLDHAUGEN in BERGEN.